06 September, 2011

'I'm like a baby Rihanna!-Justin Bieber's ex Jasmine Villegas

Jasmine Villegas (who you may recognise from some Justin Bieber videos; she was in Baby and Eenie Meenie) has had a little chat about her upcoming album and what kind of music we can expect from her.
She also compared herself to Beyoncé and Rihanna - which, admittedly, we do ourselves too, but only ever on a Friday night on the dancefloor after a few beer lollies.

"[My album] is going to be really relatable to my fans," Jasmine told American Cheerleader mag.
"There are a lot of songs about first crushes and heartbreaks.
"Music wise I see myself as a baby Rihanna - only toned down a bit."
"You know how Beyoncé has a fierce alter ego? like I feel like I have one, too. I can be the girl that’s vulnerable and then the total opposite­—the girl who’s talking about a guy having to work for my love."

She talked about her musical influences too, and says she was a big fan of Jacko without even knowing it!
"My parents told me that when I was a baby I’d mumble the lyrics to “You Are Not Alone” by Michael Jackson a lot," she revealed. Umm, while that's all very cool and 'muso' ish, it's a bit creepy too, non?
"Music was something I grew up with. I’d go crazy without it."
Click next to have a look at the behind the scenes video from Jasmine's photoshoot - she's looking gorge!